It’s official: beach-body season is here! I’m not sure if that’s a happy exclamation point, or a shocked one, but either way, there is no more delaying the inevitable. The days of splurging on meals are over. Thankfully, I’ve found a great new tool- “my recipes” on Livestrong.com. Here, you can input your recipes to get accurate nutritional information, and make any necessary tweaks to keep your calorie-count down. My first summer recipe- a very yummy low-calorie veggie garlic pizza…I can just hear my bikini calling my name! It’s a quick, easy, light, vegetarian pizza, with a little kick. Give it a try, and let me know what you think.
How to Make Veggie Garlic Pizza
- Trader Joes 100% whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 oz mini pearl grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup lite shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon dried crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven and baking stone at 450 degrees
- Remove pizza dough from package and let it rest for 20 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- Meanwhile, saute mushroom in a small saucepan until tender and golden.
- Stretch dough, or roll with a rolling pin, to a 12" diameter, on a baking stone.
- Rub garlic into pizza dough, brush the top of the crust with pizza sauce, sprinkle with oregano
- Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, and chopped spinach.
- Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper flakes
- Bake at 450 degrees until cheese is bubbling and crust is golden brown. (10-20 minutes) Serve immediately.
That’s it! Enjoy, and let us know what you think! Oh, and don’t forget to checkout our other food ideas in our recipes section.