These Milk Chocolate Florentine Cookies are a new favorite in my house. My mother-in-law introduced the recipe last Christmas, and after we all gobbled them up, we couldn’t resist making more. If I had to describe these cookies in one word, it would be addicting. If I could then pick a 2nd word, it would be WORK! Since you’re sandwiching two cookies together, you have to make twice as many batches. But the good news is that you REALLY will want to, that’s how delicious they are!
Milk Chocolate Florentine Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5 oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with foil.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in oats, sugar, flour, corn syrup, milk, vanilla extract and salt; mix well. Drop by level teaspoons, about 3 inches apart, onto foil-lined baking sheets. Be very careful not to make these too big, as they will expand and spread in the oven. A level teaspoon is the perfect amount. Spread thinly with rubber spatula.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks. Peel foil from cookies.
- Microwave morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread thin layer of melted chocolate onto flat side of half the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches. Once the cookies have cooled and the chocolate has set, they are ready to eat and enjoy!