The weather in L.A. has been anything but predictable these days. One minute, it feels like spring is at our doorstep, the next we’re cozying up in our cuddliest sweats. On those cold days, I find nothing more inviting after a long day, then walking into a home filled with the sweet smells of a home-cooked meal. This Spice-Rubbed Slow-Cooker Chicken recipe is the perfect choice if you’re looking for something hearty and wholesome to warm your chilly bones.
How to Make This Easy Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
- 1 5-6 lb chicken - giblets removed, rinsed, and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced or baby carrots
- 2 cups red potatoes, cubed
- Cover the bottom of a large crock pot with the sliced onions.
- Remove giblets from the chicken, rinse, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix salt, paprika, cayenne, white pepper, poultry seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub the spice mixture all over the whole chicken.
- Place the spiced chicken on top of the onions in the crock pot. Add carrots and potatoes to the sides of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (depending on your crock pot).
- Arrange veggies and chicken on a platter and serve.