It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!! That’s because I’ve officially started my holiday baking. First up on the “to-bake” list- some delicious Christmas Blondies from a recipe I found on Smitten Kitchen, with my own peppy spin, of course. These Christmas blondies are virtually fool-proof so they were the perfect kick-off to my holiday baking-spree!
Christmas Blondies Recipe
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick, 4 ounces or 113 grams) butter, melted
- 1 cup (218 grams or 7 3/4 ounces for light; 238 grams or 8 3/8 ounces for dark) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (4 3/8 ounces or 125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (plus extra for topping)
- Red & Green sprinkles
- Butter an 8×8 pan
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in white chocolate chips.
- Coarsely chop a handful of white chocolate chips. Add sprinkles (eyeball it, about a quarter cup should do), combine, and finely chop
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting them.