Whoever said, the way to a man’s heart, is through his stomach, MUST have been talking about my man. Each year, he loves it when I make him special treats for his birthday- whether it’s his favorite meal, or like last year, when all he wanted was Trader Joe’s No-Pudge Fudge (brownies from a box people!). Perhaps it was out of sympathy for his ailing wife, (in which case, I’m not complaining), but this year J.P. continued his tradition of making a simple request: tri-tip roast.
How to Make Tri-Tip Roast in the Slow Cooker
Thanks to a slow-cooker, this recipe is a snap! J.P. likes roll his juicy meat in a tortilla, top it with cheese, lettuce, sour cream and hot sauce- viola! Tri-tip burritos! Now if only someone would invent the self-cleaning slow cooker…
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs of garlic, onion, celery salt
- 3 tbs liquid smoke
- fresh-cracked pepper
- Place in slow-cooker, fatty side up
- Whisk marinade ingredients together and pour over meat
- Cook on low setting for 10 hours, or medium setting for 6 hours (the longer the meat cooks, the more tender it will be).