Today I’ve decided to post one of the simplest and easiest DIY projects from my own wedding- the aisle decor. Cost and effort to create this looks was minimal, but the effect was truly stunning.
- Hurricane vases: (one vase for every row of seats, and for both sides of the aisle)
I used 12″ tall clear hurricane glass vases- $8.30 or 4 for $7.49 from Save on Crafts. You could also opt to rent these vases for $4-$5 a piece. I sold my vases for $6 each after the wedding (on theknot.com forum), to recoup some of the costs. :) If you do opt to sell your vases, make sure to keep a couple for yourself. They do come in handy, as seen here and here.
- Water: Straight from the tap or the hose, will do. Fill each vase about 3/4 of the way full, depending on where you want the candle to float.
- Floating Candles : I used these Ivory Floating Candles also from Save on Crafts. 6 for $4.29…excellent value!!
- Rose Petals: In my experience, the best value in rose petals comes from your florist. When you’re spending 100s-1000s of dollars with them already, they will usually toss some aisle petals in for next to nothing. My amazing florsit (Amanda at Butterfly Petals in Phoenix) offered to put this look together for me on the big day, including the gorgeous carpet of petals down the aisle.
- Votives: Scattering votives adds a whole new dimension to the look- illuminating the vases and petals from below. Hands down, the best value I found online for votive candles is at Candle 4 Less, where they include 72 candles and holders, for less than $40.
*Photos by Ben Quillinan, BQ Photography
Craving more wedding ideas? Check out all of our inspiration for brides-to-be in our special section Blissfully Bridal